A Slur in Disguise

Honestly, I'm quite reluctant to write about this particular case because I don't want to emphasize my view towards people. But I think I need to work on this on behalf of my people who suffered the most by the recent earthquake that happened severely at 7.0 SR on Monday.

And to he honest I'm in deep sorry cause I was quite late to know about the earthquake. It's about an hour after the earthquake I opened the YouTube and I saw a tagline on a video "A 7.0 SR earthquake struck North Lombok." And I got a call from my friend in Gili who was so panic and by the moment he called he was fled to a hill in that island cause there was a Sunami Warning going on right after the earthquake.

And I told my friend (my other friend) about the earthquake and his response was not the pleasant type of answer that everyone would hear. After I told him, he said "that catastrophe happened because the sin that the people committed, so they shall pay for the price." When I look him in the face, I know he wasn't serious about what he said and there was no intention to put me down in my sorrow and he just meant it to temp on me. But that was not a fun moment to temp your buddy on. And thankfully, I wasn't hurted or irritated at all but I just wanted him to know that what he said wasn't funny for everybody's cup of tea. So, instead of letting him go with that behavior, I fired back at him.

Me : "So, it was because of the sin that victims committed. Then it is the sin that trigger every catastrophes that happen every time huh! So, if we looked back to what had happened the victims are the sinful and God cleanse or wipe them out from the map. By the way, In 2004 we had a Sunami in **** (I name a location in a map) because thier people were a sinful sinner. And by the way you also from ********* (I named a location on a map) and every year you have catastrophic fire forest and polluted air so we're all sinner then."

Him : "That's not what I mean ....."!!. I cut him off

Me : "And We know where is the largest house of prostitution, and the most corrupted instantions all accross the nation and God did not warn them for what they did, So then ... Ups, Can I say that God did blink an eye for what is happening. Well then was that Wise for a God?". Then he derailed our conversation to how do I react towards his joke.

Him : "Why are you so sensitive about my statement? Are you getting it seriously or something?"

Oh my God, he should've concerned that I was worrying about my family. But, it's too early to start an argument I guess.
Me : "here Buddy, are you going to blame people who just had a severe situation by calling their sin list all the time. It may cause you a trouble I supposed."

This is a portrait of a tipical slur behind a disguise. They're not wrong, Religious script my warn about law cause and effect in the term of blessings in disguise to motivate people into remedy. But some just loved blaming and it's on them-, it has nothing to do with religious footnote that link to that.

Komentar

Postingan populer dari blog ini

Al-Aziziyyah Islamic Boarding School of West Lombok.

No more #KidsJamanNow